The Modern Health Nerd Podcast, Episode #24
Could foodservice automation be the next marketing frontier for plant-based brands? Technology like the Picnic Pizza System has the potential to make it possible.
Picnic CEO Clayton Wood joins The Modern Health Nerd Podcast to unpack the amazingly nerdy technology behind Picnic’s automated modular solution and discuss:
- How automation could revolutionize foodservice, hospitality and even the plant-based movement
- How a system like Picnic can improve inventory control to reduce food waste and loss
- Using automated solutions to create the ultimate personalized food experience
- Merging foodservice technology with social media to create a new kind of marketing for brands in the plant-based space
- Why packaging needs to improve—including becoming more sustainable (for more on this, see the Red to Green Podcast)
About Picnic and Clayton Wood
Picnic is a privately held, Seattle-based automation and robotics company specializing in designing and building food assembly systems for kitchens of all sizes and types. Founded in 2016, the company has now grown to include a team of world-class leadership in hardware, software, design, and robotics.
Clayton Wood is a mechanical engineer with extensive experience working with and heading up startups. He joined Picnic as CEO in 2018 to help the company grow its vision and continue to provide solutions to some of the most pressing challenges in the foodservice and hospitality industries.
Find Picnic & Clayton on the Web!
- Twitter: @cdub, @picnicnews
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/claytonwood/, https://www.linkedin.com/company/picnicnews/
- Clubhouse: @cdub58
For more plant-based nerdity and industry insights, drop your email in the box in the sidebar to get weekly updates! 👉🏻