The Modern Health Nerd Podcast, Episode #22
How can plant-based meat address the dual challenge of protein over-consumption and a serious lack of fiber in Western countries? Kati Ohens’ approach to product formulation at Plantcraft may have the answer.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How shopping environments influence consumer habits and perpetuate problems in the food system
- What plant-based meat needs to offer beyond good taste
- The potential impact of consumer education from plant-based brands and organizations
- Why unity is important in the vegan and plant-based communities
About Kati & Plantcraft
After a 20-year marketing, advertising, and software executive career, Kati exited her agency to start working in the mission space. While working as a vegan transition coach, she noticed the gap in the alt meat market and the need for deli slices.
Kati met co-founder Csaba during a work project as they were looking at commercialising a new food tech IP–and she discovered that it could be used to make groundbreaking plant-based meat alternatives. Together they formed Plantcraft.
Find Plantcraft Online!
- Web: https://www.plantcraft.com
- Instagram: @plantcraftfood
- Facebook: PlantcraftFood
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/plantcraftfood
More Food & Nutrition Resources:
Want more plant-based nerdity and industry insights? Drop your email in the box in the sidebar to get weekly updates! 👉🏻