The Modern Health Nerd Podcast, Episode #36
Why should anybody have to scour Google in a never-ending quest for good plant-based options? Thanks to Collin Tate’s work with Kind Co, you don’t have to.
After becoming frustrated with the amount of trial and error he needed to go through to find the best plant-based and vegan products, Collin launched the Kind Find newsletter—part of the Kind Co suite of projects—to help others skip the searching and get right to the good stuff. The newsletter puts brands in front of consumers in an engaging, highly visible format that lands right in their inboxes.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How Collin went from “annoying” meat eater (his words!) to full vegan, and how his health changed as a result
- How Kind Find is different from other curated lists of plant-based and vegan goods
- How Kind Co.’s projects support the plant-based movement via consumers and brands
- The power of DTC for expanding access to plant-based foods
- The importance of having a good e-commerce experience as a DTC brand
- How the trend toward greater brand transparency is enabling more consumer choice
- The role the supply chain plays in improving the food system
- The many opportunities available to impact the future of food
Collin Tate is the founder of Kind Co, which helps people discover plant-based brands through the weekly Kind Find newsletter and helps people find remote job openings at eco-conscious companies through the Kind Work job board.
Before he founded Kind Co, Collin spent 10 years doing SEO for organizations like Vistaprint, Stanley Black & Decker, and Verisign as well as helping tech startups like Medium, Tally, and TrueReview.
He’s now using his growth marketing skills and love for vegan brands to try and impact the lives of as many people as possible while having a lot of fun in the process.
Check Out Kind Co’s Projects!
- Kind Co: https://www.morekind.co
- Kind Find: https://www.kindfind.co
- Kind Work: https://www.kindwork.co
Connect with Collin
For more plant-based nerdity and industry insights, drop your email in the box in the sidebar to get weekly updates! 👉🏻