Taking Back Our Power for Health with Paige Parsons Roache
“Everybody has access to extraordinary choices.” - Paige Parsons Roache
When her daughter decided to go vegan, Paige Parsons Roache couldn’t have imagined how much her own diet and life would change.
It started with education: reading books, listening to plant-based doctors, watching documentaries and trying vegan food from local restaurants. Pretty soon, Paige was experimenting with recipes and becoming a “chef in her own kitchen” for the first time in her life.
After meeting Jane Velez-Mitchell at a vegan event, Paige found herself inspired to get more involved and more vocal about the plant-based cause. Documentaries like Cowspiracy and What the Health had opened her eyes to the environmental and social impacts of animal agriculture, and she became committed to helping end the suffering connected to the industry.
“If I knowingly was contributing to the harm of another,” Paige says of her realization, “I knew I had to make the change.”
🌐 Episode Highlights
- Paige’s background in the environmental movement, including what inspired her to go plant-based vegan
- Insights from Paige’s journey from a “frozen food vegan” to someone who loves experimenting in the kitchen
- The importance of educating yourself about food, health and the environment
- How UnchainedTV is advancing the vegan and plant-based movements through the resources they provide
- Easy ways to swap whole plant-based foods in place of animal products
- Caring for your body holistically, not just through what you eat
- How to minimize the environmental and social impacts of factory farming
Paige’s passion for the environment, health and animals shows in her words and actions. Through UnchainedTV, Clubhouse and other initiatives, she’s inspiring and encouraging others to get educated about plant-based eating, make the switch away from animal products and take back power for health and wellbeing.
Paige’s daughter went vegan at age 13, and Paige joined her 6 months later. Today, she’s committed to bringing environmentally conscious vegan living to the forefront and reports on all the latest animal rights’ aspects, including Animal Save Movement’s vigils, various PETA protests, VegFests, vegan conferences and more.
She’s an active member of Clubhouse and can be found in numerous rooms throughout the week, contributing her knowledge to the plant-based conversation from a variety of angles and offering tips and encouragement to anyone seeking to live a more environmentally friendly lifestyle.
Connect with Paige and UnchainedTV
- LunchBreakLIVE: https://janeunchained.com/shows/lunchbreak-live/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/paigeparsonsroache/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paigeparsonsroache
- Clubhouse: @paigepr
For further watching
- Sam on Lunch Break LIVE: https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?ref=watch_permalink&v=608455253681750
- What the Health