The Modern Health Nerd Podcast, Episode #29
Can snacks powered by functional ingredients make a positive impact on both health and the food supply chain?
Parker Olson of Forij is working to make it happen with his sustainable mushroom-infused granola.
In this episode, we kick off May Mushroom Month by exploring:
- The wonder and excitement of foraging for your own food
- Considering the entire supply chain when creating a sustainable product
- The unique characteristics of functional mushrooms like reishi, chaga, cordyceps and turkey tail
- How Western science is waking up to the potentially powerful properties of mushrooms as medicine
- The fruiting body vs. mycelium debate!
- The nutritional benefits of whole foods over processed foods
- Why we should be focusing more on localizing the food supply chain
About Parker & Forij
Parker is the founder of Forij, a first-to-market concept disrupting the breakfast category by creating foods that provide focus and energy in every bite!
Forij is committed to creating healthy foods and snacks with functional benefits and sustainability baked into every part of the process—from sourcing to packaging.
Parker is shamelessly committed to building Forij into a national brand, spending over 18 months trying different diets before crafting Forij. And he's spent the last year sleeping in his tent while Forij operations take over his bedroom.
Connect with Forij Online
- Instagram: @forij.co
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuwFVCHoIW9NSAHdXYV1XZg
- Email Parker: parker (at) forij (dot) co
Further Reading & Listening
How Not to Diet by Michael Greger
For more plant-based nerdity and industry insights, drop your email in the box in the sidebar to get weekly updates! 👉🏻